Welcome to the Lit Queens!
We are a casual, fun, and diverse group with a low pressure reading schedule. We meet weekly (but we try to start new books at the beginning of the month)- Sundays at 11am – to discuss the latest book. We currently meet via Zoom but have started occasional outdoor distanced meetings. (but still with a Zoom option).
Our reads are geared around LGBTQ+ topics or reads that would spark interesting discussion from an LGBTQ+ perspective. We are willing to read various formats from classics, to articles, to graphic novels, whatever. We are and adult reading group so we ask that members be 18 yrs old. Recent reads include:
- The End of Gay Culture by Andrew Sullivan
- The Velvet Rage by Alan Downs
- Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel
- And we are open to any ideas! visit our website here!
Andrew Parr – email@example.com
Alex Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org